I was walking from class back to my dorm room the other day, reminiscing about the various activities and, of course, pondering the current state of our society, when I came up alongside a girl talking on a cell phone. She was talking very loudly about how Sarah slept with Joey or something like that. I wondered how Joey and Sarah would feel knowing that their little escapades are being broadcast all over campus. I don't know who these unfortunate people are, but I do know that I wouldn't take to kindly to my private life being shouted into a cell phone.
First and foremost, you don't need to yell into a cellphone. You are, after all, essentially holding a microphone next to your mouth. It can pick up your voice without you yelling.
Secondly, what ever happened to telling someone something in confidence? There are several scenarios which I imagined that this all started.
"You didn't hear this from me but..."
"I'm concerned about Sarah. You see..."
"I heard something interesting the other day, but I really shouldn't tell you..."
Anyway, I'm getting too preachy.
I know that there were some typos in my last post, and there will probably be some in this one. If I can figure out how to change them I will. Tomorrow. Or someday. You know what? I'm really not all that concerned about it. If I get to it, I'll change them. If not, well, if you have even rudimentary knowledge of the English language, you'll figure it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
not that you even blog any more but there is a spell check thingy when you are typing the post, dear.
Post a Comment